Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Silver Sphere by Michael Dadich

The Silver SphereThe Silver Sphere by Michael Dadich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What were the main themes of the book? How well did the author execute these themes?

Morality and immorality. This is easily to picked out from reading the description. These were well explained throughout the book and I did feel there were more descriptions on immorality. With immorality trying to take over everything and keeping the reader guessing, the book was definitely worth reading.

Describe 2 different settings or locations.

Zach and Throg fighting a wishpoosh. The author provided a wonderful picture; however before I saw the picture I imagined something similar to a mongoose, beaver, and sea otter.

I love how Shelby is the resourceful one during this scene. “We need something to illuminate out paths. Caves are dark.” She wrapped the material around the top of the stick, then took some twine from her backpack and used it to hold the cloth in place. This shows she is strong no matter what is happening.


Were you able to connect with the main character and why?

I connect easily with Shelby. She is someone who has a rough childhood. No mother, an almost absent alcoholic father, she is just looking to be needed. She finds some of this need/want/love at the library from Mr. Dempsey but not everything she needs.


Which did you find more appealing, the introduction or the conclusion?

I should read the book again before I can honestly answer this question. The introduction provides readers with an out of this world experience while the conclusion allows readers to return home. Okay, I pick both. They equally appealed to me.

Why would you recommend or not recommend this book?

I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys young adult books, especially teens. This book was great reading. It is very hard to find wonderful books like this for teenagers. So nice to know Dadich, did not add vulgar scenes and language.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment